Monday, July 20, 2015

Nerd Camp - Day Two

Monday, July 20, 2015
Dear Diary,
 
Classes have begun! And the only reason I really know that is because there is this giant span of time (ironically nine to five) where all the RAs are off-duty. Seven hours without your kids and nothing to donot cool.
 
Before I get to that, though, I love my kids! I love them. Especially Noa. She's absolutely adorable, and my most loyal duckling. I really need to get her a crown. But anyway, Madeline says she wants to leave Saturday, but I'm super proud of her for sticking it out until then in case it changes her mind (her words, not mine!). Especially after Lizzy went home on the first day without giving it a chance. If Madeline still wants to go home at the end of the week, then that's okay with me. And, last night, shewho is so, so shyphysically inserted herself into a big group with Zoe and I, and actually got into conversation with everyone. She actually had this zodiac / astrological characteristics book, and, although highly inappropriate for a thirteen-year-old, read out loud the "Taurus and Sex" section of her book. (Not the greatest of topics for doing it, but I'm proud of her anyway.)
 
There's two girls here, Priya and IndieGeez, they get loud. Sometimes they're a little much, but most of the time, my relationship with them is rather smooth. Though, I do expect that energy had a lot to do with how my group got first in the team-soccer race we did yesterday. All the RAs swapped, so it was a shock to me. I was a super proud RA.
 
During our break yesterday, we watched "The Avengers: Age of Ultron", so Alex has officially corrupted me to both Avengers movies.
 
And OMG, Quicksilver. *gif*
 
Okay, so, I'd seen Quicksilver (Pietro) and Scarlet Witch (Wanda) on Tumblr enough times to know I would love them, especially him. But what I didn't know was that (SPOILER) Pietro dies! *gif*
 
Not okay! Literally, the only thing keeping me from jumping down Alex's throat for showing me that is (SPOILER) apparently, the actor has signed on for three more movies. I'm like, "There is no way he would sign on for three more movieseasily five more yearsif they were just going to do flashbacks. He has to be alive." #PietroDenialSquad
 
So, as true to my obsession runs, I have dove into my reader-insert fics with Pietro Maximoff. And, as also true, I have created a whole new self-insert / OC for Pietro and that universe: Annie Romanoff. (Yes, she is Natasha's sister. #don't judge me)
 
I know eventually I'll get into where I'm actually shipping him, but until then, I'm just going to be enjoying my Annietro / Pannie. (Ugh, I hate when the girl's name is first, but "Pannie" is as bad as "Peeniss".) Romanoff, Maximoff Yeah, that doesn't really work either... "Maxmanoff"? (I'll figure it out.)
 
(Can you tell this is a writing camp? #only us)
 
 Anyway, I'm going to bed. 6:30am is too frickin' earlier.
 
                -- KG


No comments:

Post a Comment